maanantai 20. heinäkuuta 2009

Villu Jaanisoo / sound installation at Kumu

It made me scared before I even stepped into the room - I could just hear it around the corner. Then I got curious. And it took me a long time to figure it out. I was touched. My video does no justice to Villu Jaanisoo's masterpiece - just make a trip to Kumu to see this for yourself.

Sound and silence are such powerful elements. Could a sound installation be a permanent element in a public space? Could you see and hear Jaanisoo's Wave at the lobby of your office? Or at the airport? Most likely not. Sound is so much more disturbing than visuals and that's the power of it.

Villu Jaanisoo / sound installation at Kumu from Mikko Silvennoinen on Vimeo.

1 kommentti:

  1. I agree :) "Wave" is a true masterpiece and a good excuse for a trip to Tallinn alone.

    VastaaPoista

Lukijat