sunnuntai 28. maaliskuuta 2010

I'm speaking for the first time at #MIPTV and looking for comments @mipblog

I am one of the speakers at Mip Formats in Cannes on Sunday April 11th. Great. I'm exited, flattered and so nervous. Super. Now I just need to be able actually say something, so please I need your help dear friends and colleagues. What do you think is next big thing with tv-formats?

For sure I will be talking about Nelonen's greatest recent hits because I know them the best. These are Finland's Got Talent (Fremantle), Tourist Guides (Sparks) and Clash of the Choirs (FridayTV). What do these shows have in common? I think they are all just really real. No more gimmicks and wannabe celebrities! I am starting to believe that being real is the biggest trend in television. I want to see real people in real situations.


What do you think? Other speakers come from huge territories, so I assume they want me to benchmark what can be done with smaller budgets, too. I think I just must share what we have done with the new format The Blind Chef (StoryOf). It is a studio cooking show similar to Ready, Steady, Cook. Could it be a trend to go back to the 90s? That's when when the economic climate was tough, too..

Well, please let me know what you think and let's make this one of the least boring seminars in Cannes :)

For MipFormats full programme click here

3 kommenttia:

  1. My guess is it's gonna be realtime tv; something happening either in real time on tv and the web or near real time with a lot of interaction with the audience.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks Janne! Yes most format creators are trying to crack into transmedia storytelling. So far it has been really just about pasting Twitter's logo to Powerpoint-presentations... Well, maybe someone in Cannes has better REAL ideas!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I would agree about the "realness" of tv formats, and let's not forget about the new financing models that have to be invented - if it's new ways of branding or sponsoring, or new kinds of revenue streams... I also believe there are a lot of apps and services out there that currently are not connected in any way to television, that could be utilized. Twitter and FB are a couple of the biggest, but for instance the quite engaging football play-along-to-live-games-in-a-fantasy-football-betting-kind of game available at www.picklive.com is a great add-on to any live football game, and should be picked up by some sponsor in no time.

    VastaaPoista

Lukijat