sunnuntai 16. elokuuta 2009

Hikiset tissit on poltettu, mutta mullapa on siitä video. Muisto elää.

Oh no - art installation Hikiset tissit (Tapani Kokko & Ihana Havo) has been burned down at Mänttä Art Festival! Oh no! Read the news article here (in Finnish).

Well luckily if you did not experience this for yourself, here's a video I took on my mobile phone in mid-July.

Hikiset tissit from Mikko Silvennoinen on Vimeo.



I loved the interactive idea of this installation. Hikiset tissit is a story of men whose life is a mess and are outsiders in the Finnish society. I believe the art festival did not mind if hooligans came at night and broke some pieces or made a mess of the installation... that is a part of the story. These vandalists are most likely outsiders themselves and frustrated with our society. Hikiset tissit IS a piece about them. And maybe some of the vandalists are youngsters and they are most likely next generation of outsiders. At least this is I understood the message of Hikiset tissit... please comment if I got this all wrong.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Lukijat